Belton Regional Medical Center practices Enhanced Surgical Recovery – also known as ESR. Enhanced Surgical Recovery is a proven, research-based partnership in which you have the ability to take a more active role with your clinical care team and help you improve your own patient experience and surgical outcomes.
Benefits of ESR
- Eat sooner after surgery
- Shortened hospital stay
- Faster recovery
- Reduction of nausea
- Appropriate management of pain
What do you need to do?
- Drink water as you would normally
- Understand pain management and mobility by having a thorough conversation with your clinical care team
- Set goals with your clinical care team
- Move, stand and walk around as much as possible
- Discuss your pain level with your clinical care team on a regular basis
- Review your goals with your clinical care team to ensure surgical recovery success